Change in Resident Status

Each residential student must sign the campus housing agreement. This agreement is binding for the entire fall and spring semesters and states that the student will remain in residence for the duration of this agreement. Any release from this agreement is permitted only under the conditions of academic withdrawal, dismissal, verified medical reasons, or other extreme extenuating circumstances, and only with the written approval of the director/assistant director of residence life. Any request for release must be submitted in writing to the director/Assistant director of residence life and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis at the university's sole discretion. A student from the greater Dallas area wishing to leave campus housing and move home with his or her immediate family must petition, in writing, for a release from their campus housing agreement for the spring semester on or before December 1 of the year prior, to the Office of Residence Life. Percentage of refund of room-and-board fees will be determined by the actual date of departure established by officially checking out and returning all keys to the residence rife office.