Withdrawal from the University

Students who wish to withdraw from the University must see the retention specialist, located in the Student Success Center, Alumnae Hall, to begin the withdrawal process. Generally, the students who are in good academic standing both in their program and institutionally at the time of withdrawal, are granted a period of up to one calendar year from the time of withdrawal to return to the institution or to the program on a space available basis. In extraordinary circumstances, students may request an extension of this time period. Requests for an extension must be submitted in writing to the director of the Student Success Center who will consult with the appropriate program chairs.

This policy does not bind the institution to offer the student's curriculum or major program, which may have been discontinued or substantially altered during the period in which the student was not enrolled.

The following must be completed before an official withdrawal can be granted:

  • Return books to the library.
  • Return residence hall keys to a member of the residence life staff.
  • Return parking permit, student ID, and mailbox key to the retention specialist.
  • Clear student balance in student financial services, located on the 1st floor of Mercy Hall.
  • Complete withdrawal form and exit interview.

The date of withdrawal will be determined by the completion of the above. That date will determine if any refund of tuition is warranted. Cancellation of charges will depend on the date that the withdrawal is official (see refund policy).