Deferred Payment Plan
Misericordia University provides an option for students to pay tuition, fees, and other charges on a deferred payment plan. The plan permits educational costs to be spread over a period of time. The requirements of the plan are as follows:
- A down payment of 20% of the total term/semester charges is required unless other arrangements have been made with the office of student financial services.
- Deferments are limited to one term/semester; the unpaid balance must be paid before final examinations that term/semester. Failure to pay charges in full before final exams may result in loss of credit for the term/semester.
- At the close of each month, the unpaid balance will be charged a one percent finance charge.
- Student who fail to meet their deferred payment obligations will be dropped from the plan.
- Participants in the plan must sign and receive a copy of the deferred payment plan.