Transfer Students without an Associate Degree

Misericordia University welcomes students who wish to transfer from other accredited four-year colleges or universities, or two-year junior or community colleges. Prospective full-time transfer students are encouraged to arrange an interview with the admissions office to review academic status and proposed curriculum. Prospective part-time transfer students are encouraged to arrange an interview with the Center for Adult and Continuing Education.

Prospective transfer students will be considered for admission if they have maintained a cumulative GPA (grade point average) of 2.0 or better (based on a 4.0 system). Higher GPA may be required to specific majors. Transfer students must complete a minimum of 30 credits at Misericordia University. The university will accept no more than 60 credits from any single or combination of two year institution(s). Only courses with a grade of C or better will be accepted for transfer. Transfer credits must come from an accredited degree-granting institution or equivalent as determined by the registrar in consultation with the department chair. The registrar, however, reserves the right to award or withhold credit. GPA requirements for advancement into the professional level of individual programs vary (see individual curriculum guides for each program). Candidates who meet the GPA requirements for general admission and who seek advanced standing for previous college work must provide the director of admissions with the following:

  1. Application for Admission with a non-refundable $25 fee.
  2. Official copy of secondary school transcript or GED test results.
  3. Official transcripts from each college/university previously attended where credit has been earned.

Credit for course transfer will be awarded for those courses that are equivalent to ones offered at Misericordia University. Other transfer credits may be accepted as elective credit. Grades earned at other institutions are not included in the student's GPA at Misericordia University. Please refer to the section below for specific information, which applies to students transferring with an associate degree.