The University realizes the importance of providing employees with opportunities to obtain assistance for a variety of personal issues which my affect their continued functioning as productive members of the University Community.

Employees who are experiencing personal problems can initially meet with a counselor in the Counseling office. However, it is important to note that the Counseling office does not function as a Mental Health Facility. Counselors can offer information on providers, organizations, or services outside of the University. As another alternative, employees are also encouraged to use the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). The University has the EAP through our long-term disability insurance carrier. The Human Resources office can provide employees with information on EAP services.

Career Counseling is available through the Insalaco Center for Career Development. Since the primary responsibility of this office is to the students, there may be times that they are unavailable to employees.

An employee may contact the offices noted above with full assurance of confidentiality.

Revised 02/01/2005
Back to the Table Of Contents