Training and Workshops
How can the Diversity Institute assist you?
New skills will be needed as individuals and institutions plan for the future and address issues such as:
- a changing workforce
- the need to build stronger communities
- organizational transition to greater productivity through cooperation and sharing.
The Diversity Institute designs programs which develop these skills and meet the specific needs of its clients.
- On-site sensitivity training workshops
- Cross-cultural communication training
- Curriculum assessment and development
- Resource acquisition
- Developing organizational change strategies
- Reducing bias and prejudice
- Graduate courses for educators
- Seminars for managers, supervisors, and staff
- Diversity awareness conferences
- Calendar of events
- Mentoring program for high school students
- Summer diversity camp
- Business Managers
- Supervisors and Staff
- Community Organizers
- Health Care Managers
- Law Enforcement Personnel
- Social Service Professionals
We can consult with you about how to:
- start a program for diversifying your work force
- ease tensions in a work force recently diversified
- attract a more diverse population into your organization
- set up a Diversity Task Force
- overcome the difficulties of beginning the conversation about diversity in your classroom, group, or organization
- assess the visual and cultural environment at your recreational, work or educational site
- begin the work of diversity in a respectful and productive atmosphere.