Bachelor of Science-Admissions Criteria
For admission to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography baccalaureate degree program, the applicant must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Possess the credential of Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonography (RDMS) awarded by the American Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) in at least one specialty (abdominal or obstetrics/gynecology).
- Possess the American Registry for Radiologic Technology Sonography credential (ARRT) (S).
- Be enrolled in the University’s DMS certificate program or a CAAHEP accredited sonography program and during the last session, can request consideration to continue to complete the bachelor degree program. Admission would occur once the graduate earned the RDMS or ARRT(S) credential.
- Application requirements
- Complete an Expressway application by going to www.misericordia.edu, select future students and apply now.
- Provide an official copy of all previous College or program transcripts to the Part-time Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Provide a copy of ARDMS or ARRT(S) certification card to the Part-time Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Credit evaluation
- Upon completion of the application, official transcripts, and RDMS credentials, the application will be evaluated by the Part-time Undergraduate Admissions office and the Chair of Sonography.
- For non-credit bearing education ( on-the job training, diploma programs, etc), the applicant will be assessed under Prior Learning Assessment criteria.
- The applicant will create a portfolio for courses desired to be awarded credit for previous education and experience.
- There is a fee for award of credit through prior learning assessment.
- A meeting will be arranged with the Director of Sonography to create a plan of study indicating courses in which credit will be awarded or transferred and courses required to complete the degree.