MU Football Tailgate Policy
Tailgating at home games will be located in the Science Building parking lot on campus. Spaces must be reserved in advance - $10 per space/per game, $5 for Misericordia students per space/per game – and are limited/available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Whether you are a part of the Misericordia University Community or a fan of the opposition, our goal is to provide you with an enjoyable experience during your visit. The university encourages tailgating in a fun and family-friendly environment.
This tailgating policy is designed to ensure your safety and comfort.
Individuals attending events at Misericordia are expected to act with class.
Cheer for your team and be courteous and respectful of those around you.
Abusive language and behavior will not be tolerated and are grounds for removal. We do not encourage the consumption of alcoholic beverages, nor do we promote the use of them. All University alcohol policies and laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania apply while present on or exiting campus.
- Tailgating is per space. No more than one vehicle per allotted space.
- Reservations are required and must be received by noon Friday, prior to each game. NO reservations will be accepted on game day.
- All guests’ belongings are subject to search by the Department of Safety and event personnel.
- Tailgating may begin no earlier than three (3) hours prior to the start of competition for all fans. ALL TAILGATING MUST CEASE ONCE THE COMPETITION BEGINS. Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited during post-competition tailgating but tailgaters may tailgate for up to one (1) hour after conclusion of competition.
- Alcohol may be consumed by those of legal drinking age. Any participant who consumes alcoholic beverages at such events must be able to produce a valid driver’s license or photo ID that indicates the person’s age upon request. Only beer and wine may be consumed. Large quantities of alcoholic beverages (kegs, beer balls, multi-liter containers, etc.) are prohibited. Alcoholic beverages may be possessed and consumed in cans or cups only. Glass containers are prohibited.
- Paraphernalia typically associated with excessive consumption (funnels, beer bongs, etc) and drinking games are prohibited.
- No alcoholic beverages may be carried from the tailgating area, and no alcoholic beverages are permitted at game sites. Anyone attempting to enter game sites carrying alcoholic beverages will be denied admittance and may be removed from the venue.
- No open fires are permitted. Only propane tanks that do not exceed 20 pounds are permitted. Charcoal grills are prohibited.
- No pets are permitted.
- All tailgaters are responsible for proper disposal of their trash and other debris. Trash containers will be provided in the tailgating area. Any person damaging university property will be responsible for the cost of repairs.
- No amplified music is permitted.
- Leaving the athletic competition venue once admitted may result in no re-admittance.
- At away games, the rules of the hosting institution apply. Please check their web sites for rules on tailgating. *Note: a number of our opponents do not permit alcoholic beverages at their tailgating venues.
Click here to access the Tailgating Reservation form.