Program Goals and Learning Objectives
- To promote sound academic and career decision making.
- To encourage critical thinking in selecting courses and community experiences that expose students to the liberal arts and pre-professional learning experiences.
- To prepare students for graduate education and / or bachelor’s level positions in the workforce.
- To foster life-long learning, sound and ethical decision making, and continual assessing of personal and professional aspirations.
- Assess their previous academic learning, community engagement, and work experience in order to plan a realistic curriculum.
- Develop an academic plan which takes into account the need for a liberal arts base and realistic goals, based upon their capabilities and areas of interest.
- Demonstrate their ability to connect with university and community resources which will enhance their academic and career-oriented decision making.
- Integrate their previous learning, work experience, and community engagement with required liberal arts and pre-professional course work.
- Develop a post-graduate plan for continued education and / or employment.
- Provide evidence to affirm that they can write effectively, think critically, and apply the University Mission and Charisms to their decision making and life choices.