Clinical Education Centers/Clinical Experiences
Below are the Clinical Education Centers (CEC) for the Medical Imaging Department where students may experience their clinical education.
Students will experience a total of 7 clinical education experiences throughout their time in the Medical Imaging program, including an internship experience during their senior year.
Once a student is selected for placement in a clinical education center, the complete set of the Policies and Procedures relating to the clinic, as published in the program Clinical Education Manual and Student Handbook, is expected to be read thoroughly by each student and will be reviewed by the clinical faculty prior to commencement of clinical experience. Students will be provided opportunity to seek clarification prior to signing the "Medical Imaging Department Handbook Review Form". Students are required to provide their own transportation to and from the clinical education centers. Students will be charged two (2) credits of tuition at the part-time rate for summer clinical experiences, MI 160 and MI 260, in addition to Fall and Spring tuitions. Misericordia University is currently affiliated with the following clinical education centers:
- Advanced Imaging Specialists, Dunmore, PA
- Commonwealth Health Diagnostic Imaging Center, Forty-Fort, PA
- Geisinger South,Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Geisinger Viewmont Imaging, Scranton, PA
- Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, Plains Township, PA
- Geisinger Orthopedics, Plains Twp., PA
- Health & Wellness Center at Hazleton (LVHN), Hazleton, PA
- Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), Hazleton, PA
- Moses Taylor Hospital, Scranton, PA
- RediCare Medical Center, Taylor, PA
- Regional Hospital of Scranton, PA
- Tyler Memorial Hospital, Tunkhannock, PA
- Veteran's Administration Medical Center, Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Wilkes-Barre General Hospital - General Campus, Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Wilkes-Barre General Hospital - Thomas P. Saxton Pavilion, Edwardsville,PA
Additional clinical education centers available to the students during their senior year are:
- Geisinger Community Medical Center, Scranton, PA
- Northeast Radiation Oncology Center (NROC), Dunmore, PA
- Pocono Medical Center, Dale and Frances Hughes Cancer Center, E. Stroudsburg,PA
- Vantage Oncology - Commonwealth Health Cancer Center, Forty Fort, PA
- The Center for Comprehensive Cancer Care, Deltamedix, Scranton, PA
- Vision Imaging, Kingston, PA
Clinical Education is experienced during the following semesters, and on the following days, during the day shift hours, unless otherwise noted:
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE I: MI 140 (spring)
Students will report to the clinical education center on Tuesdays and Thursdays, (including outpatient & evening rotations of 2 clinical weeks) less school breaks and holidays.
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE II: MI 160 (summer)
Students will report to the clinical education center each day, Monday through Friday, less holidays during Term A. (including 1 weekend & 1 week each of evening & outpatient clinical education rotation).
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE III: MI 225 (fall)
Students will report to the clinical education center every Tuesday and Thursday, (including outpatient & evening rotations of 2 clinical weeks) less school breaks and holidays.
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE IV: MI 245 (spring)
Students will report to the clinical education center every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, (including evening and alternate area rotations) less school breaks and holidays. (New Rotation) (No outpatient).
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE V: MI 260 (summer)
Students will report to the clinical education center each day, Monday through Friday, (including outpatient & evening rotations of 1 clinical week) less holidays during Term B.
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE VI: MI 265 (fall)
Students will report to the clinical education center on Mondays and Wednesdays only, less school breaks and holidays. (Internship option or minor rotation).
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE VII: MI 275 (spring)
Students will report to the clinical education center on Tuesdays and Thursdays, less school breaks and holidays. (Continuation of Internship option).