Young Scholars Program
Accelerate your preparation for college learning by taking classes at Misericordia University.
Misericordia’s Young Scholars Program provides high school students the opportunity to experience college while gaining useful credits to apply toward the fulfillment of course requirements at the college level. Such first-hand experience through the Young Scholars program is the perfect transition into the next chapter of your education and life.
In addition to being offered at a significantly lower cost, these introductory courses will help you acclimate to college level work, provide you with advanced standing that may mean lighter course-loads in the future, and encourage you to develop transferable skills for the future. You will be able to engage with peers and professors at the collegiate level, building confidence as well as an awareness of the expectations you will encounter as a matriculated college student. Moreover, Young Scholars at Misericordia receive the same service and support as its traditional student population. Misericordia faculty provide individualized attention in a small classroom setting to ensure the success of each student.
- Discounted tuition - $100 per course (excluding textbooks)
- Access to a diverse selection of courses including both day and evening offerings
- Dedicated student service representative to answer your questions and provide direction
- Attractive campus nestled in the Back Mountain
- Transferrable college experience and credits
- Experienced faculty who provide individualized attention
- Access to University facilities such as the Anderson Sports and Health Center and the Mary Kintz Bevevino Library
- College student discounts to local establishments
To participate in the Young Scholars Program, high school juniors and seniors from participating school districts who are pre-approved by their guidance counselors must complete the necessary registration form to be submitted to Rosalie Fufaro in the Center for Adult & Continuing Education. Forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Center for Adult & Continuing Education
301 Lake Street
Dallas, PA 18612
Click HERE for the most recent course schedule.
Students may contact Rosalie Fufaro at 570-674-6450 or email@example.com to discuss the Young Scholars program criteria and the registration process for the upcoming semester.