Mass Communications and Design
Through faculty mentoring, state-of-the-art equipment, multiple internship opportunities, and student media outlets such as MCN 87, the student television station, Cougar Radio, The Highlander student newspaper, and Service by Design, the department's public relations and design group, students become career-ready. Moreover, student media workers win prestigious awards for their work most every year.
Mass Communications and Design graduates are not only getting noticed, they are getting jobs in their field. Graduates are working right now in:
- Video at MLB Network (major league baseball);
- Marketing research at Reed Smith LLP in Pittsburgh; and
- Marketing at Solar Innovations in Pine Grove, PA.
- Others are working in sports communications, sports journalism, public relations, graphic design, and advertising; and serving as news producers, directors and photographers — video and still.
- One of our graduates recently wrapped up work on the major motion pictures "Creed" and "Bridge of Spies."
Visit us today — and learn to succeed.
Award-Winning Students & Faculty
- Class rank in the top half of the high school graduating class and/or a cumulative 2.5 grade point average
- Minimum combined SAT score of 850 for Critical Reading and Math (combined) if taken prior to March 5, 2016, or 930 if taken after March 5, 2016. In lieu of the SAT, ACT results may be presented with a minimum required composite score of 18