College of Business
The College of Business prepares students to assume positions in business, research, and community life, as well as to further their education at the graduate level. The College offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, and a variety of related minors and certificates. The curricula are based on Misericordia's mission and core values of mercy, justice, service, and hospitality.
Small Class Sizes
Opportunities for Student Involvement
Online and Accelerated Options
Diverse Program Options
The College of Business represents a collection of disciplines that have practical application in everyone’s lives, as every career exists in a business entity – for profit, non-profit, education, government, etc.
Accounting, communications, finance, management, marketing - are skills that every person needs to be successful in life, for both business and personal perspectives.
In alignment with the Misericordia charisms, we at the College of Business approach our mission from a perspective of the “triple bottom line” – people, planet and profits.
How we are organized - Two departments: Mass Comm & Business Administration:
On the graduate level, we have just redesigned and consolidated the Organization Management degree with the MBA.
We have a “4+1” program that enables you to obtain both your bachelor’s and master’s degree in five years. This program is available to many majors within the CAS and CHSE.
What we do in COB:
Great teachers and teaching, grounded in experiential learning
How we do it:
1. Internships, service learning, project based assessments and active student clubs
Student clubs: Gen'l Business, Sports Mgt, Health Care Mgt
2. Engaged COB students in external analytical exercises and experiential learning opportunities
Last year alone, we have had students engaged in the following experiences:
- Direct effect innovation challenge
- Mount St. Mary’s ethics competition (Maryland)
- Planet Forward annual summit @GW in Wash DC
- NRF “Big Show” convention in NYC
- Visit to NYC including the NYSE (on the trading floor for the closing bell) and the World Trade Center memorial
- U.S. Olympic & Paralympic training complex in Colorado Springs, CO
- Short term study abroad trip to Capetown and Johannesburg, South Africa
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
ARCH Programs for Adult Learners
Complete your bachelor's degree in as little as 2 1/2 years or earn your MBA online through the ARCH Program. Misericordia offers flexible formats such as accelerated and online while providing personal attention and opportunities for engaged learning.