Faculty Employee Opportunities
Updated as of October 7, 2020
Misericordia University is committed to student, faculty and staff diversity and values the educational benefit this brings to campus. Candidates should indicate any experience and/or leadership that contribute to this goal.
Confidential letters of recommendation can be sent directly to email@example.com.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Director
- Physician Assistant Faculty
- Speech Language Pathology (SLP) Faculty
- Nursing Adjunct - Pittsburgh Campus
- Nursing Adjunct - Dallas Campus
The Graduate Nursing Department at Misericordia University, located in Dallas, PA, is accepting applications for a full-time (10 month) faculty position to direct the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program. Position is to begin immediately. Rank, tenure-track status, and salary are dependent upon the applicant’s experience and qualifications.
The Misericordia University Nursing Department’s fully accredited programs include a traditional BSN, Part-time Accelerated evening BSN, Expressway RN to BSN, and a Master’s FNP and Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner program. A fully online Doctor of Nursing Practice program is also offered.
Misericordia University is a teaching centered institution with a commitment to community service. Successful candidates will join an experienced faculty with diverse clinical and educational backgrounds.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Earned doctorate (DNP) in nursing from an accredited institution
- MSN degree or post-master’s certificate as a family nurse practitioner.
- Current unencumbered Pennsylvania Registered Nurse and CRNP licenses with current national board certification as a family nurse practitioner.
- Teaching experience at the graduate level, and in non-traditional/online formats
- Experience overseeing graduate students in clinical practice settings
Responsibilities include the direction of the Doctor of Nursing graduate programs including BSN to DNP and MSN to DNP, active participation in scholarly activities, student recruitment and advisement, service to the University, community, profession, and ongoing clinical practices as FNP.
Coordinate and provide instruction within didactic and /or clinical courses in the PA Program curriculum. Additional duties will include participation in clinical experience instructional and administrative processes, in support of meeting ARC-PA Accreditation Standards. Participate in the Curriculum Advancement Committee and the Student Progress Review Committee.
Full-time 12 Month, non-tenure track 1.0 FTE
- Participate in the PA Program Self-Study Process by being an active and contributing member on the Curriculum Advancement Committee (CAC) and the Student Progress Review Committee (SPRC), as assigned by the program director. This responsibility stipulates direct and required participation in activities that support the PA Program’s maintenance of an ongoing, valid ARC-PA Accreditation status.
- Participate in overall PA program evaluation to support maintenance of Middle States and ARC PA Accreditation.
- Actively contribute to the development of initial and future ARC-PA accreditation documents and reports, as assigned by the program director.
- Participate in review of the program mission statement.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of the MSPAS curriculum.
- Teaching and instruction in both the didactic and clinical phase of the MSPAS curriculum; evaluate students as required and appropriate to assess their knowledge of information presented.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new instructional experiences.
- Develop course and topic specific learning objectives.
- Participate in clinical experience related administrative functions, as assigned.
- Participate in the development of competencies for PA program students, as required, in support of improving and advancing the PA program curriculum.
- Serve as a small group facilitator for PA program case based and team based learning activities.
- In collaboration with and with support from the didactic director, assess the need for and implement remediation processes for any student(s) who falls below PA program requirements during the didactic phase of their PA education.
- Provide academic advisement to PA Program (graduate) students.
- Actively participate in PA program defined Admission Processes.
- Participate in student recruitment, student selection, and admission activities, including acting as a member of an applicant interview team.
- Actively participate in Misericordia University and / or College of Health Sciences & Education (CHSE) faculty development, scholarship and service activities, as indicated in university and department policies and assigned by the Dean of CHSE or Chair of the Department of Physician Assistant Studies.
- Provided one release day per week for participation in clinical practice or professional development.
Qualifications and Experience
- Successful completion of and graduation from a Regionally Accredited and ARC-PA Accredited PA Program
- Possess and maintain current and valid National Commissions on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification.
- Current and valid Pennsylvania PA license or eligibility for Pennsylvania state licensure
- Master’s degree required (or in process)
- Two years of post-graduation clinical practice experience (preferred)
- Experience with providing instruction in higher education settings (preferred)
- Past clinical instruction experience within a PA Program (preferred)
- Strong communication, time management, and organizational skills; affirmation of reliability and effectiveness during prior work experiences, as may be verified through contact with professional references
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team of highly motivated and experienced healthcare professionals, as may be verified through contact with professional references.
- Honesty, integrity, and commitment to maintaining high professional standards, as may be verified through contact with professional references
Misericordia University invites applications for three full-time (10 month), tenure-track position in our Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) Department. Duties include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, engaging in scholarly activity, advising students, and participating in service. Clinical supervision opportunities are available if requested. Misericordia offers a 5-year combined undergraduate and graduate program. The SLP Department is housed in a state-of-the-art facility that includes academic offices, research labs, classrooms, and clinic rooms. Our cutting-edge technology includes functional Near Infrared Spectroscopy, ANS software and hardware, ISCAN eye-gaze tracking devices, videostroboscopy, Motion Capture Technology, Intelligent Video Solutions for supervision, Sound-Isolation Room with Virtual Acoustic Environment, AAC equipment, Anatomage Virtual Dissection table, and VitalStim biofeedback systems. We also have research and clinical affiliations with area hospitals.
Misericordia University is committed to student, faculty, and staff diversity and values the educational benefit this brings to campus. Candidates should indicate any experience and/or leadership that contribute to this goal.
Qualifications for the position are: (1) Ph.D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders or related discipline (ABD will be considered with documented status) and (2) quality teaching experience. Candidates with CCC-SLP are preferred. All specialties will be considered; however, applicants with expertise in dysphagia, neurogenic communicative disorders and/or child/adult speech and language disorders are preferred. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Summer teaching is available. Inquiries only should be directed to Dr. Glen Tellis, Search Committee Chair: (570) 674-6159, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Misericordia University is located adjacent to the Pocono Mountains region of Northeastern Pennsylvania, approximately 2 hours from New York City and Philadelphia. The University was founded in 1924 by the Sisters of Mercy and has a long history of providing the community with health care practitioners who are compassionate, well educated, and able to deal with the challenging demands of health care in today’s society. The Speech-Language Pathology Department supports the mission of Misericordia University and its core values of mercy, service, justice, and hospitality.
For consideration, please submit a letter of application (including your telephone number & e-mail address), curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, graduate academic transcript, and three references via the "Apply Here" button below. Start date is Fall 2021.
The Nursing Department at Misericordia University Pittsburgh is currently seeking candidates for nursing clinical faculty positions for its accelerated bachelor of science in nursing program (ABSN). As a Nursing Clinical Instructor, the primary responsibility is the clinical education of the students in the ABSN program. Clinical Instructors are assigned teaching responsibilities in a clinical area in Pittsburgh and are expected to contribute to the education of the students including psychomotor skills, standards of practice, and critical thinking. Terms are 6 weeks and we’re seeking instructors for the Summer 2020 term. We are seeking applicants for Pediatrics and Obstetrics.
Bachelor’s Degree in nursing required, MSN preferred. All applicants must hold an unencumbered Pennsylvania Registered Nurse license or be eligible for PA licensure. Misericordia University is committed to student, faculty and staff diversity and values the educational benefit this brings to campus.
For confidential consideration, please include a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and names of three references along with your application with the link below.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
The Nursing Department at Misericordia University is currently seeking candidates for clinical nursing adjunct faculty positions for its bachelor of science in nursing program. We are seeking applicants for Med/Surg, Peds, and Obstetrics, Psych to begin Spring 2021.
Qualifications of applicants for the adjunct positions should include a Master’s Degree in nursing with relevant clinical experience. All applicants must hold an unencumbered Pennsylvania Registered Nurse license or be eligible for PA licensure. Misericordia University is committed to student, faculty and staff diversity and values the educational benefit this brings to campus.
Candidates should indicate any experience and/or leadership that contribute to this goal. For confidential consideration, please include a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and names of three references along with your application with the link below.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.