Staff Employment Opportunities
Updated as of September 21, 2020.
The Nursing Compliance Coordinator is responsible for obtaining state nursing board program approval in relevant states and ensuring compliance with state board nursing regulations, and programmatic regulatory requirements. The Coordinator will serve as the first point of contact for interaction with state regulatory entities related to obtaining program approval and as a subject matter expert on selected, relevant state nursing regulations related to reciprocity and licensure.
- Under the direction of the Graduate Nursing Chair, participate in the development and attainment of nursing state board accreditation in relevant states. Analyze and interpret regulations, policy, and guidance related to licensure and certification requirements for ongoing organizational compliance, serve as subject matter expert for the graduate nursing department.
- Communicate progress with activities related to maintaining institutional and programmatic accreditations to the Graduate Nursing Chair. Provide information to nursing department regarding the impact of regulatory requirements on fiscal responsibility and maintenance of accreditation.
- Maintain programmatic compliance between didactic and clinical nursing faculty and student regulations for instruction.
- Develop and facilitate process to obtain and maintain state licensure for graduate nursing faculty in all relevant states. Execute the approval processes for programs, which includes, but is not limited to: researching, documenting, and updating programmatic approval requirements for assigned states to ensure organizational compliance.
- Research information regarding graduate nursing programs that may lead to licensure and certification and provide nursing leadership with information necessary for planning and enrollment purposes.
- Ensure and maintain accuracy on university and nursing websites regarding state accreditation and licensing regulations.
- Assist in didactic classroom placement and clinical site placement for students relevant to faculty licensure.
- Establish and maintain excellent communication and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes concerning regulatory compliance obligations. Respond to complaints/unusual problems and refer them to the Graduate Nursing Chair. Provide point-of-contact leadership and customer service to regulatory state agencies.
- Research, assemble, and interpret federal and state regulations, including but not limited to the regulations of state boards of nursing, state departments of education, and state authorization agency regulations under the supervision of the Graduate Nursing Chair.
- Prepare, analyze, audit, and submit data required to meet regulatory obligations related to program approval on an ongoing and routine basis under the direction of the Graduate Nursing Chair. Ensure that compliance requirements are communicated and implemented across the graduate nursing programs. Maintain record of relevant data related to the organization’s regulatory compliance (ex. communications, approvals, authorizations, special requirements, renewal dates, and regulatory changes).
A Master’s Degree and experience in regulatory compliance is required. Experience in Nursing or Health Care is preferred.
Misericordia University is seeking a HVAC Mechanic. The position will provide the expertise and working knowledge required to operate and maintain the commercial campus HVAC systems to ensure a suitable living, learning, and working environment in all University facilities. Under direct supervision, this position will operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair the heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment necessary for each building’s operation.
The HVAC Mechanic will assist with water treatment of domestic, boiler, and closed loop systems when necessary and confer with customers as necessary in performing assigned responsibilities. This position will also help with snow removal on campus grounds to include shoveling snow from walks and driveways, using chemical ice melters, shovels, ice scrapers, etc., and spreading de-icing on passage ways to prevent ice buildup.
Flexible hours are necessary to accommodate needs, with on-call procedure, evenings, and weekends as needed.
Misericordia University is seeking candidates for the role of Groundskeeper. The Groundskeeper will perform a variety of grounds tasks to maintain a safe and attractive living, learning, and working environment at the University. This position will perform routine maintenance and upkeep on campus grounds, equipment, and tools. In addition, this position will assist in the custodial maintenance of the university stadium, including athletic fields after events. Evening and weekend hours are necessary as needed, and on-call procedure and overtime as needed.
A High School Diploma or GED is required. One (1) year related experience and/or training is required. The successful candidate will possess a current and valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and a have the ability to obtain a PA Department of Agriculture herbicide and pesticide license within one (1) year.
Misericordia University is a tobacco free campus as of 7/1/2020.
Misericordia University is committed to student, faculty and staff diversity and values the educational benefit this brings to campus. Candidates should indicate any experience and/or leadership that contribute to this goal.
Misericordia University is seeking a Groundskeeper II. Under supervision, the Groundskeeper II will maintain the appearance, functionality, and safety of all athletic fields by performing a variety of duties related to athletic field maintenance, preparation, care, and management. This position will also perform routine maintenance and upkeep on campus grounds, equipment, and tools.
A High School diploma or GED; a minimum of 2 years recent experience in landscape, lawn maintenance, and/or horticulture; and a valid driver’s license are required. Additional horticulture education is highly desirable. Turf care and/or athletic field maintenance experience is highly strongly preferred. Preference will also be given to candidates who possess a PA Department of Agriculture herbicide and pesticide license (the ability to obtain one within 3 months of hire will be required). Required work related knowledge includes: proficiency in the safe and efficient operation of equipment associated with grounds work; demonstrated use of trade related tools and equipment; and basic knowledge of field sports, gardening, and grounds maintenance. Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered.
The successful candidate must be able to work independently, handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and prioritize work to meet demands/deadlines. Physical aspects of this position include, but are not limited to, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, climbing, frequent lifting of 50 lbs. and occasional lifting of 100 lbs. Work environments will include, but are not limited to, frequently working with machinery, moving vehicles and in hot or cold weather and occasionally working with ladders and exposure to chemical and dust. The ability to work evenings, weekends, overtime, and for an on-call procedure is needed.