Speech-Language Pathology Summer Exploration Camp
Cancelled for Summer 2020
The Department of Speech-Language Pathology at Misericordia University is hosting a four-day and three-night residential Career Exploration Camp for rising high school seniors interested in learning about the profession of Speech-Language Pathology.
Speech-Language pathologists are employed in schools, hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home health care settings, outpatient rehabilitation centers, day care centers for children and adults, and institutions of higher education.
Dates: June 28 - July 1, 2020
Times: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm daily, with additional evening activities
This camp is designed for students entering 12th grade in the fall.
Students who attend the camp will:
- Tour the department’s state-of-the-art academic and clinic facilities at John J. Passan Hall
- Learn about the career field from faculty, staff, and guest lecturers
- Plan and conduct therapeutic activities with clients
- Hear first-hand from clients and their families about their experiences with speech therapy
- Explore cutting-edge equipment used for research and therapeutic purposes
- Observe live therapy sessions in the MU Speech-Language and Hearing Center
For more information or to register, contact Tracey O’Day at (570) 674-6724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.