Celebrating the Class of 2020
Baccalaureate Prayer Service – Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 7 p.m.
View the broadcast of Father Alex Roche and Campus Ministry as they held a virtual prayer service on Thursday, May 7.
Cheers to Alumni Online Forever 2020 – Friday, May 8, 6 p.m.
We know you worked hard to earn your degree, and commend you on your achievement. This virtual event is here to celebrate YOU, The Class of 2020, as the next wonderful installment of the Alumni Association. On behalf of over 19,000 Misericordia University Alumni, the Alumni Relations Team and the Alumni Association, we hope you will join us to celebrate your accomplishments. Grab your favorite beverage in your favorite glass, and join us for a virtual toast.
Class of May 2020 Virtual Salute – Saturday, May 9
The Class of 2020 is an amazing group. You have amassed an impressive array of accomplishments and persisted through the COVID-19 crisis. Join us for an online salute on Saturday, May 9. Visit this page (www.misericordia.edu/classof2020) and our social media channels. Also, on May 9 and 10 please share your pictures, videos, and memories online via social media using the hashtag #MUGrads #MUFromHome #CougarStrong.
Watch these special video messages from the President, student speaker, and a special “Congratulations message” from many familiar Misericordia faces.
Message from Misericordia University President, Dr. Thomas J Botzman:
Special Message from Student Speaker: Shelbi Love Jones, Bachelor of Science, Health Science, Summa Cum Laude
Misericordia University faculty and staff salute the May Class of 2020, and wishes them the best! Stay happy, stay healthy, stay #CougarStrong.
Download a commemorative booklet with a list of all the May degree candidates or view our digital view version below. Also included within the booklet is a section of students that wanted to wish their fellow classmates congratulations and to inform them of their upcoming plans for the future.
Student Service and Leadership Awards - Sunday, May 10, 4 p.m.
Watch the video player to view the presentation of the the Student Service and Leadership Awards. Join us as we honor the hard work, dedication, and outstanding citizenship of those in the Misericordia University community.
The following awards will be presented:
- Student Government Awards
- Service/Leadership Awards
- Staff Council Leadership Award
- Mercy Charism Award
- Father John Petrasko Scholarship
- Monsignor John Bendik Scholarship Award
- Kitty Rooney ’50 Memorial Award for Outstanding Service
- Kitty Rooney ’50 Memorial Award for Outstanding Leadership
Download and sing along with the Misericordia Alma Mater or listen to our instrumental version. We close every commencement with that lovely tune, even if most people are learning the words right on the spot! View the lyrics to the alma mater here.
Click here to download some special items including:
Picture Yourself On Campus
While we may not be able to be back on our beautiful campus, we hope you can still “picture yourself” back at the Arch, Anderson Center, or outside Mercy Hall! On this page, you’ll find a selection of campus images that you can include as the background for your campus photos. To make this as easy of an option as possible, we’ve created some helpful tips to put you “back on campus”!
- We’ve included various campus symbols and locations including the cougar statue, Anderson Center, the Arch, Mercy Hall, and more for you to choose from. Or if you have a personal favorite such as your dorm, your team’s locker room, a lab, or a studio- you can use those too! We encourage you to make this experience your own!
- Use our recommended photo editing tool (or your own favorite app) to place your graduation photos, or other photos of your friends onto our campus.
- New to editing photos? After testing various tools, we’ve found the LightX photo editing mobile app to be user friendly, and allows both android and iPhone users to use their favorite photos and backgrounds to make their own creations. Available for download on most devices, the base app is free and offers tutorials, walk-throughs, and answers to frequently asked questions to help guide you through making your campus graduation photos. Check out the examples included, and learn more about the app here:
- Already a Photoshop wiz? Have another favorite editing app or tool? Then stick with what you know! Whatever is easiest and most convenient for you.
- Create, download, and share your campus creations!
- We’d love to see your creativity and share in your celebration! Share with us on social media, or submit your favorite creations to
- Tag your photos with #MUGrads so we all can share in the fun.
- It’s your day and you’ve earned your recognition. Help us share in the celebration, and connect with your friends, classmates, teammates, professors, and family by tagging your campus and graduation photos with #MUGrads. We’ll be sharing all the photos we can over all of our social media channels!
- Share any at home celebrations with us too!
- How are you celebrating at home? Is your dog or cat making a special graduation appearance? Let us know! Tag and share your home celebrations with #MUGrads or send to !