COVID-19 Protocols & Latest Updates
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Misericordia University has taken steps to protect the health of our students, staff, faculty and community. The Cougar Care team is carefully monitoring health conditions on campus, locally and in our region.
Masking is optional indoors for anyone who feels more comfortable wearing a mask. Those who prefer to be fully masked in campus buildings may do so freely, and we ask that everyone supports and respects their decisions. Students as well as employees have the right to ask individuals to wear a mask in their personal work, study or residential areas.
If you have a question or concern, please contact our Cougar Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CDC COVID-19 County Check
Note From the President Fall 2023
As we move through the Fall 2023 semester, news reports regarding the COVID-19 virus remind us that we must continue to work with and respond to it. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) continues to be our standard reference for campus health and safety guidelines, and the basis of required protocols. CDC Guidelines
Please be aware that we continue to have COVID-19 positive cases reported on campus and in the community.
Please note: The Cougar Care Symptom Tracker is no longer monitored or utilized for reporting COVID-19 symptoms or test results.
Effective September 20, 2023, the following protocol will be followed:
- Students will report positive COVID-19 tests to the Health & Wellness Center by calling (570) 674-6276 and uploading test results to Medicat.
- The Health and Wellness Center is open 8:30am-4:30pm. If after hours, isolate in your room and call the office the next day.
- Students can call the Health and Wellness Center at (570) 674-6276 to report symptoms and make an appointment for testing.
- Faculty & Staff will report positive COVID-19 tests to their direct supervisors and send positive test results to email@example.com
- Resident students will return home to isolate for 5 days.
- Faculty and staff will isolate at home for 5 days.
- Return to campus on day 6 ONLY IF fever free without fever reducing medicine.
Please note: Protocol measures will continue to be monitored and may change based on conditions within our community and/or ongoing guidance from the CDC.
We continue to encourage everyone to:
- Monitor your health daily and test if experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms or exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
- Wear a mask if you learn you have been exposed
If you have any questions please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your willingness to support our community.