Do Have specific questions about Surveillance Testing?
Do you have specific questions regarding our response to the pandemic?
Below are the most frequently asked questions from our community regarding COVID-19 and how we are managing the situation on campus. Please consult the other areas of this web page for content specific to you and your interactions with MU as a student, employee, or parent.
- Why is the University requiring a COVID test for Spring 2021? Do I have to pay for my test?
- I am not on campus today. Do I need to complete the MU Daily Symptom Tracker?
- How can I learn more about surveillance testing?
- How do I add the Medicat Website to my Mobile Device Home Screen as an App?
- How is the University approaching the Spring 2021 semester? Will it be in-person?
- My on-campus test is part of a testing pool. What does that mean?
- I am being asked to self- quarantine for 10 days prior to the start of classes on January 25. How can I do that and still get a COVID test?
- Pennsylvania released some new travel guidance on November 17. How does that impact students?
- I am in quarantine because of confirmed close contact with a person who was COVID positive, but I just got a negative test result for COVID? Am I released?
- Has the Spring 2021 Academic Calendar been changed?
- Can I go home during the semester or can parents and friends visit?
- Can students gather outside for recreational sports? Do we need to wear masks?
- I passed someone in the hallway that later told me they were tested positive for COVID-19. What do I need to do? Was I in close contact?
- What type of mask should I be wearing or should others be wearing? Are neck gaiters still acceptable?
- Will study rooms be open in the fall semester?
- Will the tuition rates differ for full-time students who have online courses?
- What if my roommate gets tested for COVID-19?
- What would happen if Luzerne County was designated as "yellow" in the state's emergency plan?
- If I was tested off campus, should I contact a university official with the results?
- Will I be able to attend athletics contests?
- If someone in my class tests positive, what happens next?
- I am an employee. I am sick or have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
- Is campus open for informal recreation in outdoor areas?
Learn more about contact tracing and how we are keeping our community safe.
Scott Woolnough, Alternative Learning Program Coordinator, interviews Jill Dillon, Contact Tracer, on 10/16/20 to discuss the process of contact tracing at Misericordia University.
Matt Hinton, Assistant Director of the Student Success Center & Academic Student Support Services, interviews Kathleen "Kit" Foley, Vice President of Student Life, and Paul Nardone, Member of the Cougar Care Team on 10/20/20. The discussion explores how we are keeping our community safe.