News Archive & Surveillance Testing
Messages to the Members of the University Community
Misericordia University Surveillance Testing
For the Fall 2022 semester, Misericordia University has suspended surveillance testing. This is based on a detailed review of current COVID conditions in the region as well as information from state and local officials and other national sources. Should conditions change on campus or in the region, the university may resume surveillance testing as was done previously or some other form of a testing process that best fits the public and campus health situation at the time. For specific questions about surveillance testing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The FAQs below describe surveillance testing as it had previously been conducted on campus in 2021 and early 2022.
FAQs - Fall 2021-Spring 2022 Surveillance Testing - Dallas, PA Campus
- Is surveillance testing planned for Fall 2022?
- What is surveillance testing?
- If I have been vaccinated, will I need to participate in surveillance testing?
- What should I expect if I am selected to participate in surveillance testing on campus?
- Why are we doing surveillance testing?
- Is participating in surveillance mandatory?
- When will the testing be done?
- How is the testing being conducted?
- Who needs to be tested?
- What is being tested and what happens to my saliva sample?
- What is pooled testing and how does it work?
- When and how will I get my test results?
- What does my test result mean, and what do I need to do after receiving my results?
- Will I know if my sample was in a positive pool, and will I need come in again to be retested if my sample was in a positive pool?
- If I am being tested on a regular basis elsewhere, can that test take the place of the MU test?
- What happens if I do not come in for testing on a week when I am selected?
- If I have received the COVID vaccine am I exempt from testing?
- Can I be exempt from testing?
- Whom do I contact if I think I should be exempt from testing?
- Whom do I contact if I have a question regarding surveillance testing?