Diagnostic Medical Sonography Certificate
Misericordia University’s 18-month certificate program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS), sometimes referred to as “ultrasound,” prepares students to become a diagnostic medical sonographer (SOC code 29-2032.00).
The program is designed for adult or non-traditional learners seeking convenient and predictable scheduling by offering alternating weekend classes and a weekday clinical education component. Classes enter in late August each year.
100On-Time Completion Rate
to complete the program
- On-time completion rate of 100%—meaning every graduate completed the program within the 18-month timeframe
- On-campus courses scheduled every other weekend (Saturday and Sunday) for each semester
More than 1200 clinical hours in real patient care settings
- Full year of clinical education garnering more than 1200 hours of hands on clinical education
- Integrates classroom learning with simulated lab experiences and clinical education
- During the first six months, simulated lab activities occur with available lab hour options during the week in both daytime and evening hours to accommodate a variety of schedules
Amy Jackson, RDMS, RVT
My experience in the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program at Misericordia University was one of my most challenging, but one of the most rewarding journeys I have embarked upon. The DMS program is not only designed for you to become a great technologist, but the program really gears you up to become a successful medical professional.
Erin Baltusavich, BS, RDMS, RVT
Misericordia University's Diagnostic Medical Sonography program has taught me the skills, knowledge, and has given me the confidence to establish a successful career in the sonography field. After graduation, I was able to gain full-time employment, which is often difficult for new graduates.
For additional information on the program or application process, please contact Maureen Sheridan, Assistant Director of Admissions-Part-Time and Undergraduate Programs at (866) 262-6363 or .
For specific questions related to eligibility, contact Sheryl Goss, Diagnostic Medical Sonography Department Chair, at (570)674-6790 or email@example.com.