Apply for Financial Aid
All students who wish to be considered for financial assistance must apply for admission to the University at.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - All students, regardless of their state of legal residence, must submit a "Free Application for Federal Student Aid" PRIOR TO MAY 1ST EVERY YEAR. The University uses the information collected on this application to determine eligibility for all Federal and Institutional aid and loan programs.
Misericordia University Title IV School Code is 00324700.
General Eligibility - To be eligible for financial aid consideration you must:
- demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA,
- be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen with a valid Social Security number,
- be enrolled at least half-time in a degree or certificate program at the University. Full-time enrollment is a minimum of 12 credits per term. Half-time enrollment is a minimum of 6 undergraduate credits per term or 4.5 graduate or doctoral credits per term,
- not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on any federal educational loan,
- be making satisfactory academic progress toward your degree,
- show you're qualified to obtain a post-secondary education.
For additional instructions on completing the FAFSA, please click the link below:
After your FAFSA is processed you will receive an email instructing you to review your Student Aid Report and make corrections should it contain any errors. If you are transferring into Misericordia and have already filed a FAFSA for the current year you may call FAFSA at 1-800-433-3243 and add our school code 003247 to your FAFSA which will allow the federal processors to forward to us your FAFSA information.