Find It Fast Panel

Upcoming Events

Admissions FAQ's

Apply for Financial Aid

We understand that financial aid options can be complicated. The Student Financial Services Office is available to provide guidance and support for all families interested in the financial aid process.

Apply to MU

  • All students who wish to be considered for financial assistance must apply for admission to the University at .

Complete the FAFSA (U.S. citizens and eligible noncitizens) at

  • MU uses the information collected on this application to determine eligibility for all Federal, State, and Institutional aid and loan programs.
  • Undergraduate Pennsylvania Residents must complete the FAFSA by May 1st every year. 
  • Search for "Misericordia University" or use code 003247 when prompted
  • After your FAFSA is processed you will receive an email instructing you to review your Student Aid Report and make corrections should it contain any errors. If you are transferring into Misericordia and have already filed a FAFSA for the current year, you can add Misericordia using the Search tool or the code 003247.


Basic eligibility requirements that a student must demonstrate on the FAFSA

  • Must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
  • demonstrate financial need for need-based federal student aid programs;
  • have a valid Social Security number (with the exception of students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau);
  • be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program;
  • be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for Direct Loan Program funds;
  • maintain satisfactory academic progress in college or career school;
  • sign the certification statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form stating that you're not in default on a federal student loan, you do not owe money on a federal student grant, and you'll only use federal student aid for educational purposes; and
  • show you're qualified to obtain a college or career school education by:
  • having a high school diploma or a state-recognized equivalent such as a General Educational Development (GED) certificate;
  • completing a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law (or—if state law does not require a homeschooled student to obtain a completion credential—completing a high school education in a homeschool setting that qualifies as an exemption from compulsory attendance requirements under state law)