Graduate Teacher Education
The Graduate Education Program is designed to attract experienced and dedicated classroom teachers who wish to become educational leaders. The graduate education program is designed to help teachers gain the knowledge necessary and develop the skills required to function as leaders. While it is expected that graduates of the graduate education program will be highly valued by their school districts and communities, the program is not designed to help classroom teachers become school administrators or to prepare teachers for roles outside their classrooms.
- Low Tuition - Teacher Scholarship is available to all actively certified teachers enrolled in a graduate education program (not Professional Development)
- Convenient Scheduling - Courses are scheduled in the evening during the week
- Accelerated - Classes are delivered during half-semester sessions, with one course typically being taken at a time
- Flexible Formats - Many courses are offered as hybrid with an online component
- Individualized Service - Faculty work with students one-on-one to ensure that all needs are met
- Predictable - Graduate Education programs are presented in a cohort style with an established timeline
- Accommodating Payment Options - Students may enroll in the Tuition Deferment plan, allowing you to pay for a course within 30 days of completion
Special Education Teacher/M.S. Reading Specialist student
Classes are broken down into manageable parts to accommodate my full-time occupation and even allow me to have time on the weekends to spend with my family.
Dr. Colleen Duffy
Chairperson and Assistant Professor
Assistant Director of Admissions