Health Care Administration
The Health Care Administration curriculum is designed to respond to the specific needs of health care organizations in today's dynamic environment. Management skills, leadership development, strategic planning, marketing, health care finance and law are examined, including a comprehensive understanding of financing, insurance and payment mechanisms.
Who is this program designed for?
- Students interested in pursuing a career in physical therapy, and other professional services. Many students interested in the DPT (doctoral physical therapy) program, major in Health Care Administration as their undergraduate degree.
- Students interested in health care delivery as a professional or manager, health care practitioners who are employed, or have been trained in an allied health profession.
- Individuals employed as: surgical technologists, dental hygienists, emergency medical technicians, radiology technicians, respiratory technologists, or in any business related profession are examples of individuals who would be good candidates for this program.
- This is for the first "slide" and will be hidden. DO NOT DELETE
- B.S. Healthcare Administration
- B.S. Healthcare Administration (Pre-DPT Specialization)
- Healthcare Management Minor
ARCH Accelerated Degree Program
You can earn your Bachelor of Science in as little as 2 1/2 years by attending classes part-time. The convenient and predictable schedule allows you take classes either once a week or online up to 12 credits per semester. Courses are offered face-to-face in 5-week sessions at Luzerne County Community College on the Nanticoke Campus, or online in 7 1/2 week sessions.
Being part of Misericordia University’s Health Care Administration Program has provided me with a positive experience. Not only have I learned the basic concepts and principles throughout healthcare, but with the help from our knowledgeable facility I was challenged to expand my knowledge of healthcare beyond the books and understand it in the real world.
As a Health Care Administration major, I was provided with outstanding support, advising and a strong foundation. I credit the wonderful professors for guiding me to the correct path to reach my goals both academically and professionally.
As a healthcare administration major student, I can honestly say that I am prepared for a leadership role in any healthcare organization. The healthcare administration program has provided me with many real-life situations where I can confidently make decisions to improve the future of healthcare.
MBA 5th Year Program
Why wait to begin the MBA program when you can get started as an undergraduate student?
Find out more by emailing Karen Cefalo at
The MBA 5th-Year program is for eligible rising Misericordia University seniors who wish to begin their graduate business studies as an undergraduate student. Accepted students will take up to 12 MBA credits within their current program. An applicant may be required to complete leveling courses in business functional areas through Peregrine. The graduate admissions committee will determine if the leveling courses will be taken concurrently with MBA courses or completed prior to starting the MBA program.
For questions regarding the Healthcare Administration major, contact Dr. John Ash, Healthcare Administration Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-674-6704.
The faculty is composed of senior management professionals employed locally in individual areas of expertise such as health care operations and management, finance and reimbursement, strategic planning, and sales/marketing.