Health Care Management
The Health Care Management curriculum is designed to respond to the specific needs of health care organizations in today's dynamic environment. Management skills, leadership development, strategic planning, marketing, health care finance and law are examined, including a comprehensive understanding of financing, insurance and payment mechanisms.
Who is this program designed for?
- Students interested in pursuing a career in physical therapy, and other professional services. Many students interested in the DPT (doctoral physical therapy) program, major in Health Care Management as their undergraduate degree.
- Students interested in health care delivery as a professional or manager, health care practitioners who are employed, or have been trained in an allied health profession.
- Those who desire a career in health care sales or marketing can take advantage of the HCM Marketing Specialization.
- Individuals employed as: surgical technologists, dental hygienists, emergency medical technicians, radiology technicians, respiratory technologists, or in any business related profession are examples of individuals who would be good candidates for this program.
- This is for the first "slide" and will be hidden. DO NOT DELETE
- B.S. Healthcare Management
- B.S. Healthcare Management (Marketing Specialization)
- B.S. Healthcare Management (Pre-DPT Specialization)
- Healthcare Management Minor
ARCH Accelerated Degree Program
You can earn your Bachelor of Science in as little as 2 1/2 years by attending classes part-time. The convenient and predictable schedule allows you take classes either once a week or online up to 12 credits per semester. Courses are offered face-to-face in 5-week sessions at Luzerne County Community College on the Nanticoke Campus, or online in 7 1/2 week sessions.
Being part of Misericordia University’s Health Care Management Program has provided me with a positive experience. Not only have I learned the basic concepts and principles throughout healthcare, but with the help from our knowledgeable facility I was challenged to expand my knowledge of healthcare beyond the books and understand it in the real world.
As a Health Care Management major, I was provided with outstanding support, advising and a strong foundation. I credit the wonderful professors for guiding me to the correct path to reach my goals both academically and professionally.
As a healthcare management major student, I can honestly say that I am prepared for a leadership role in any healthcare organization. The healthcare management program has provided me with many real-life situations where I can confidently make decisions to improve the future of healthcare.
MBA 5th Year Program
Why wait to begin the MBA program when you can get started as an undergraduate student?
Business Administration majors
Health Care Management majors
Sport Management majors
Find out more by emailing Karen Cefalo at
The BS/MBA 5-Year program is for eligible rising Misericordia University seniors within a business-related major or seeking a bachelor of science degree in a major which affords the ability to take all MBA pre-requisite courses and contains adequate free elective space. Accepted students will take up to 12 MBA credits* within their senior year to also serve as the fulfillment of required undergraduate free elective credits within their current program.
*Students pursuing the Accounting Specialization will take a maximum of 6 credits.
For questions regarding the Healthcare Management major, contact Dr. John Ash, Healthcare Management Program Director, at email@example.com or 570-674-6704.
The faculty is composed of senior management professionals employed locally in individual areas of expertise such as health care operations and management, finance and reimbursement, strategic planning, and sales/marketing.