Health Science: Exercise Science
The Bachelor of Science in Health Science with a Specialization in Exercise Science is designed to prepare students for entry-level employment in the health/fitness/wellness field, or continue formal education in schools offering advanced degrees in health-related graduate programs.
The Exercise Science specialization articulates with the current Misericordia University mission by focusing on not only critical inquiry in a service oriented profession but in understanding and accepting all individuals to assist in providing competent and appropriate access to wellness and disease prevention care.
Full- and Part-Time Formats
Hands-On Learning with Fieldwork
Flexible Program Options
Highlights & Features
- Available in both full- and part-time formats to fit your lifestyle and work schedule
- Seamless transition and credit transfer process through exclusive articulation agreement with Luzerne County Community College
- Provides the requisite coursework and experience to take the certification in personal training from the American College of Sports Medicine
- Pre-professional education for entry into graduate level programs
- Provides additional compensation and advancement opportunities
- Access to abundant student resources and support
- Currently there is an increased need for Exercise Sciences and related professions nationally - between 13% - 21% employment increase identified through 2022
- Fieldwork in senior year offering hands-on experience and professional networking opportunity
Start at Misericordia or Luzerne County Community College!
- Students can begin their studies at LCCC, and transfer to Misericordia for the degree completion program - OR -
- Students may begin their studies at Misericordia and complete the Exercise Science requirements at LCCC to earn a BS in Health Science: Exercise Science Specialization through Misericordia.*
*This arrangement is ideal for student-athletes who wish to participate in Division III athletics or change majors.