Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the BS in Health Science will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the patient care process from a social justice perspective.
- Demonstrate critical reasoning skills in the patient care process by conducting a client assessment, identifying functional problems, and developing an appropriate intervention plan.
- Interact and communicate professionally and courteously with clients while demonstrating the necessary clinical competencies required within their respective health care discipline.
The Surgical Technology Specialization is a completion program resulting in a bachelor of science degree in Health Science. The goals of the program are:
- To augment the global education of board certified students in respiratory therapy.
- To augment student knowledge in health science.
- To value the need to maintain an understanding of current health care trends and issues that impact health science professionals.