Within the Information Technology program at Misericordia University, you will study the technical aspects of Information Technology to become a professional in the field, and gain important business writing and presentation skills, as well. Use of computers and standard software are integrated into instruction and assignments.
- This is for the first "slide" and will be hidden. DO NOT DELETE
- B.S. Information Technology
- B.S. Information Technology (IT Security Specialization)
- Information Security Minor
- Management Information Systems Minor
Our flexible program allows you to tie your IT education to other areas of interest that will determine the direction of your career. In addition to courses in programming, systems, and applications, you can choose to specialize in IT Security. We are now offering new IT elective courses in Game Programming and Internet Programming.
But your choices don't end there. You can tie your major in with business courses or with areas as diverse as philosophy or psychology, if that is where your interest lies. You'll be well-prepared for graduate school, if that's what you decide to do. With our liberal arts curriculum, you'll have the knowledge and thinking skills it takes to succeed. You'll also serve internships directly related to your major that will give you experience and connections in the business world.
IT Security Specialization
The Information Technology degree with a specialization in Information Technology Security prepares Information Technology managers to establish the procedures, policies, and practices that should be in place to protect information and data.
The curriculum is similar to the major in Information Technology except that there is an emphasis on six (6) IT Security courses.
- Introduction to IT Security
- Security Management and Risk Assessment
- Access controls, Models, and Cryptography
- Physical Security & Disaster Recovery
- IT Privacy and Legal Issues
- Current Issues & Trends in IT Security
Coursework in the major explores the following areas:
- Management information systems
- Computer systems and architecture
- Database concepts and programming
- Impact of technology on society
- Information security
- Internet applications
- Network theory and design
- Object oriented programming
- Operating systems
- Programming logic and design
- Software engineering
MBA 5th Year Program
Why wait to begin the MBA program when you can get started as an undergraduate student?
Business Administration majors
Health Care Management majors
Sport Management majors
Find out more by emailing Karen Cefalo at
The BS/MBA 5-Year program is for eligible rising Misericordia University seniors within a business-related major or seeking a bachelor of science degree in a major which affords the ability to take all MBA pre-requisite courses and contains adequate free elective space. Accepted students will take up to 12 MBA credits* within their senior year to also serve as the fulfillment of required undergraduate free elective credits within their current program.
*Students pursuing the Accounting Specialization will take a maximum of 6 credits.