Misericordia remains committed to recognizing the importance of a quality education while upholding strong values and honor within the community. Those values make Misericordia the perfect place to attain one's educational goals. With this mission in mind, Misericordia welcomes the men and women who have served or are currently serving our country in the U.S. Armed Forces, including spouses and dependents.
Veteran Services at Misericordia University provides a communication channel between veterans/service members, spouses, dependents and the University. Its purpose is to inform and guide students through their Misericordia experience while insuring that the appropriate support services are available.
- Misericordia University participates in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program. The Yellow Ribbon program provides matching funds from the Department of Veterans Affairs to supplement the Post-9/11 GI Bill©.
- GI Bill© Benefits Post-9/11 GI Bill© recipients who qualify at the 100% benefit level are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program. Please visit the VA Yellow Ribbon Program for more program - specific eligibility information.
More information is available on the Yellow Ribbon Program at Misericordia.
Veterans Benefits Information
For education benefits related questions, contact a Veterans Benefits Counselor at 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).
Veteran Benefits Request Form (VBRF)
Once you have registered for classes, submit a Veteran Benefits Request Form to MU’s VA Certifying Official for the upcoming term for which you are requesting VA enrollment certification. Forms are available at the VA Certifying Official's office located in Mercy Hall, first floor room 105 or request a form via email. The VBRF is your authorization for Misericordia to submit your enrollment to the VA and must be completed and submitted for every semester you wish to receive VA benefits.
VA Certifying Official
- Deborah Cragle
- (570) 674-6313
- Mercy Hall Room 105
Currently enrolled Veterans that have stated on the admissions application that they have served or those Veterans receiving GI benefits will receive priority registration at Misericordia University. For more information contact the Registrar.
Student Veteran Liaison, Vice President of Student Life
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: (570) 674-6304
- Banks Student Life Center, Student Life Suite
VA Certifying Official, Counselor for part time students
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (570) 674-6313
- Mercy Hall, Room 105
Thank You for your Service.
"GI Bill©" is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).