Mass Communications and Design
The Mass Communication and Design Program is unrivaled in the region with dozens of student media awards, including Pennsylvania News Media Association Keystone awards, as well as Videography and Communicator awards—a recent graduate even won an Emmy Award in Sports Broadcasting.
Students & Faculty
This career-oriented program provides hand-on learning in all media fields, including:
- Graphic design
- Still photography
- Media writing across platforms
Students work with state-of-the-art equipment to provide work to real clients in the community, which is crucial for the professional portfolios students need for future job interviews. Mass Communications and Design graduates are not only getting noticed, they are getting jobs in their field.
- This is for the first "slide" and will be hidden. DO NOT DELETE
- B.A. Mass Communications & Design
- B.A. Mass Communications & Design (Pre-DPT Specialization)
- B.A. Mass Communications & Design (Sport Communication Specialization)
- Mass Communications & Design Minor
Graduate Success Stories
- Running a successful nationwide business producing recruiting videos for elite high school athletes — story here
- Emmy-winning video work at MLB Network (major league baseball)
- Marketing research at Reed Smith LLP in Pittsburgh
- Marketing at Security Partners in Lancaster, PA
- Others are working in sports communications, sports journalism, public relations, graphic design, and advertising; and serving as news producers, directors and photographers — video and still
- One of our graduates worked on the major motion pictures "Creed" and "Bridge of Spies"
Sean Lynch '18
What I love most about the Mass Communications and Design program is that you become immediately involved in their extracurricular activities as a first-year student!