Additional Program Info
- Keystone Awards 2016
- Township of Dallas - 200th Anniversary Logo Designed by Misericordia Communications Major
- Wilkes-Barre Innovation Center
- 'Cropped' Event Winners at AAF-NEPA
- The Department of Communications lands two wins in the 2015 Videographer Awards Competition
- Department of Communications earns Accolade Award of Merit in Disability Issues for 'Vote' documentary 04-3-13
- Future Photojournalist Wins Prestigious Honors
- 'In Their Own Words' Documentary
The Misericordia University Department of Mass Communications and Design has some of the best digital production learning facilities in the region.
Students shoot both still photography and videography using the latest equipment—and they edit and perform post production using professional-level software programs, including Final Cut Pro and Express, Avid Media Composer, Photo Mechanic, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
The Highlander, the University's award-winning student newspaper, provides Mac work stations loaded with the Adobe Creative Suite for writing, editing and layout.
Students are able to work on their media projects—for class assignments and student media—at any time in our Digital Production Lab, where each work station is loaded with every software program they need. The lab also enables students to get hand-on instruction during class time.
Be sure to visit our facilities when you tour Misericordia University. The Media Center is located in the Munson Learning Center in the lower level of the McAuley Walsh building. The Mac lab is on the mezzanine of Munson. The student-run CGR Cougar Radio studio and The Highlander/Student Publications offices are located in the Bank's Student Life Center.
Contact Department Chair Dr. Melissa Sgroi at for a tour.