The Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Program at Misericordia University is rooted in the Charisms set forth by Catherine McAuley and the Sisters of Mercy to provide and promote mercy, service, justice, and hospitality.
- Clinical education experiences in Radiography and internships in senior year
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography certificate program option
- May qualify to sit for Post-Primary exams such as MRI, CT, CI/VI, and Mammography
- Consistently strong ARRT pass rates - Five year average (2018 - 2022) pass rate of 89% on first attempt of the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (A.R.R.T.) exam
- Bureau of Labor Statistics predicted employment growth of 21% through 2022 for radiologic technologists
- Provides an education grounded in the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT)
Job Placement Rate
(as of 2022)
- General Program
This curriculum provides the same solid education as the others, but allows for more flexibility to pursue other areas of interest through free electives. View the medical imaging major curriculum guide.
- Medical Imaging Major, Combined Certificate Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Students may complete both the B.S. in medical imaging and the DMS Certificate in less than 5 academic years following this sequence. View the Medical Imaging Major with a combined Certificate in Diagnostic Medical Sonography curriculum guide.
This unique program has provided personal growth in leadership, critical thinking, communication, and confidence that I will take along with me for the rest of my life.
Misericordia's Medical Imaging program has challenged and prepared me for a career field I know I can thrive in.
Gina Capitano, Ed.D., R.T.(R)
What makes Misericordia's MI program unique, in addition to it being a baccalaureate program is the advanced modality Internship in the senior year. This experience gives our students a competitive edge in both the job market as well as graduate school.