Student Learning Outcomes
Goal 1. Clinical Performance and Competence
Students will possess the knowledge and skills necessary to function as an entry- level radiographer.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of proper positioning.
- The student will demonstrate proper exposure factor selection.
- The student will apply appropriate radiation protection measures.
- The student will demonstrate technical competence.
- The student will demonstrate optimal patient care.
Goal 2. Critical Thinking
Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- The student will evaluate images effectively.
- The student will adapt knowledge to non- routine situations.
- The student will formulate conclusions/ analysis of data for lab experiments.
Goal 3. Communication
Students will demonstrate effective communication skills.
- The student will demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- The student will demonstrate effective oral communication skills.
- The student will demonstrate information literacy.
Goal 4. Professionalism
Students/graduates will demonstrate professionalism.
- Students will demonstrate professional behavior.
- Students will demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
Goal 5. Overall Program Effectiveness
The program will graduate competent, employable, entry level radiologic technologists in a timely manner.
- Graduates indicate satisfaction with their education received.
- Graduates are capable of successful completion of the primary A.R.R.T. exam in Radiography on the first attempt.
- Students indicate the ability to obtain employment in the radiology profession.
- Successfully complete the Senior Assessment Test in MI 415.
- Employers demonstrate satisfaction with program graduates.
- Successfully complete the program.