As one of the founding programs, Misericordia University's Nursing Department has been educating students in the field of nursing and serving the healthcare needs of the community for over 90 years. Misericordia continues this tradition today by offering a wide variety of programs and a seamless transition allowing students to progress from the undergraduate to graduate, and finally, the doctoral level.
2020 NCLEX-RN Pass Rate
(Pass rates remain above the state board benchmark)
(Bachelor's and Master's Degree)
Wide Variety of Program Options
Misericordia offers several full-time Nursing program options for students who are looking to have a traditional college experience or take advantage of credits already earned.
Misericordia offers flexible part-time undergraduate nursing degree programs to fit a busy lifestyle.
Misericordia delivers both master's and doctoral level programs in an online format to accommodate the needs of busy health care professionals.
- Baccalaureate and Master of Science in Nursing programs accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) through 2023.
- The oldest nursing program in Luzerne County and the largest discipline within the College of Health Sciences.
- Accelerated Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program based in Pittsburgh launched in December 2018 and is available for non-nursing students with prior college credits to transition into the field in as few as 16 months.
- The preferred online RN to BSN educational provider for Geisinger Wyoming Valley for Luzerne County.
- Recipient of the 2012 Innovation in Professional Nursing Education Award for Small Schools from the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) for outstanding work to re-envision traditional models for nursing education and leading programmatic change.
- Graduates of the bachelor of science in nursing degree program have achieved the following pass rates for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN): 98.31% in 2012, 98.08% in 2013, 78.18% in 2014, 92.86% in 2015 and 95.6% in 2016.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Post-Master's Certificate Programs
Nursing students at Misericordia University are active in a variety of student organizations and activities that foster professional development and a commitment to service.
Students are recognized for their accomplishments and at times, receive awards for their exceptional work and exemplary actions which model our charisms of mercy, service, hospitality, and justice.
Scholarships are available to Nursing students at the undergraduate and graduate level to assist in making tuition affordable for part-time and full-time Misericordia students.
Contact for Full-Time Undergraduate Nursing
Darlene Kuchinski-Donnelly, PhD, RN
Chair, Undergraduate Nursing