Traditional weekday students will enter the Entry Level OT Program that begins with attainment of the Bachelor of Science in Occupational Science. In their junior year, students will select either the Masters of OT or the OTD graduate track.
The Misericordia University Occupational Therapy department offers unique programming in which students entering as freshman have the opportunity to choose between a Masters of OT or OTD in the graduate phase of the program.
Traditional students start as freshman and will attain their BS in Occupational Science in 3.5 years. Traditional students, in good academic standing, are guaranteed a seat in the graduate phase of the program and have their choice of pursing either the MSOT (1.5 years) or the entry level OTD degree (2.5 years).
Since the first ACOTE accreditation in 1985, the occupational therapy department has been preparing occupational therapy practitioners to utilize theory-based, occupation-focused assessment and intervention strategies to assist the individual in improving functional performance. Recently, the curriculum has been refined with an increased focus on occupations, evidenced based practice, community leadership and dynamic reasoning to promote professionals who provide meaningful and effective OT practice. Upon successful completion of the Bachelor’s of Science in Occupational Science (OS) degree, students will continue into the Master’s of Science in Occupational Therapy (MSOT) degree track or the Doctorate in Occupational Therapy (OTD) degree track.
Upon completion of the entry level degree and passing the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists examination, graduates can expect to practice successfully in a variety of traditional and non-traditional health care delivery settings with clients across the lifespan.
Accredited since 1985
Pass Rate 2021
3-Year Average (2019-2021)
- This is for the first "slide" and will be hidden. DO NOT DELETE
- Entry-Level OT Program: Masters and Doctoral
- Weekend Entry-Level Masters Program
- Post-Professional Doctoral Program
- Post-Professional Master's Degree Program (Misericordia University is no longer accepting applications for this program).
Overview and Highlights
- Misericordia University Occupational Therapy Department has been providing excellent occupational therapy education for over 30 years
- Traditional Weekday Entry Level BS in Occupational Science (BS in OS) and MSOT Program for traditional students graduating from high school. Five (5) year program to become an entry level occupational therapist.
- Non-traditional Weekend Entry Level BS in OS and MSOT Program for individuals who have an associate's or a bachelor's degree in a field other than occupational therapy. Three (3) year program to become an entry level occupational therapist.
- Traditional Weekday Entry Level BS in OS and Occupational Therapy Doctorate (OTD) Program for traditional students graduating from high school. 6.33 year program to become and entry level occupational therapist.
- Post Professional OTD for individuals who are currently practicing as occupational therapists.
- Two student organizations, including the Misericordia University Student Occupational Therapy Association and Pi Theta Epsilon, the Occupational Therapy honor society
- Alumni serve as occupational therapy leaders in clinical practice, research, professional associations, and administration.
Pass rates are reported for all schools online on a state by state basis. Program results from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) can be found online at the NBCOT School Stats page.
The 2021 pass rate for the Misericordia University OT entry level program was 98%.
2020 - pass rate 100%
2019 - pass rate 100%
2018 - pass rate 100%
2017- pass rate 98%
2016- pass rate 100%
2015- pass rate 100%
2014- pass rate 98%
2013- pass rate 100%
2012- pass rate 97%
Scroll down to learn more about the OT Program Outcomes.
Misericordia University’s occupational therapy (OT) department has provided me with more opportunities, support, and resources than I could have imagined. The professors are all so invested in our learning process, and personal and professional development.
The program truly set out a path for success for me, both professionally and personally. The level of professionalism and preparedness to enter the field of OT that this school fostered in me is second to none.
Lori Charney, OTD/OTR/L
Chair, OT Dept.
MUOT offers 2 different points of entry into the profession: Master of Science in OT or Occupational Therapy Doctorate. You are welcomed into our program as a freshman and start working with OT professors to develop your skills through our many faculty led clinics and our robust selection of OT service opportunities.
OT Program Outcomes
Occupational therapists work in a wide variety of settings and with age groups from birth through older adulthood. Employment settings include school systems, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, day care centers, hospitals, community mental health centers, prisons, home health agencies, private practice, educational institutions, early intervention programs, and dozens of other sites.
Median Pay (2020)
Job Placement Rate