OT Program Outcomes
Pass rates are reported for all schools online on a state by state basis. Click here to see program results from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). Select Pennsylvania, OT Masters-Level Programs, and 2018 for the most recent results! The 2018 pass rate for the Misericordia University OT entry level program was 100%.Pass rates are reported for all schools online on a state by state basis. Program results from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) can be found online at
The 2018 pass rate for the Misericordia University OT entry level program was 100%.
2018 - pass rate 100%
2017-pass rate 98%
2016-pass rate 100%
2015- pass rate 100%
2014- pass rate 98%
2013- pass rate 100%
2012- pass rate 97%
Career placement is excellent. Historically there has been, and continues to be, nearly 100% job placement for Misericordia University Occupational Therapy graduates.
Recent projections predict a healthy future for occupational therapy. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects the job rate growth to be at 24% (much faster than average) for 2016-2026.
Please see the "Job Outlook for Occupational Therapy" at:
The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that the median pay in 2017 for occupational therapists was $83,200 per year.
Please refer to this link from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics for more information on job and salary prospects in occupational therapy:
Occupational Therapy Graduation Rates for the past 3 years are presented in the table below. Graduation rates are based upon the number of students who complete the professional phase of the OT Entry Level Weekday BS/MS Program and the OT Entry level Weekend MS Program. The professional phase of the Weekday program begins at the start of the Junior (third) year and continues through the end of the Graduate (fifth) year. The professional phase of the Weekend program begins at the start of Year 2 and continues until the end of Year 3.
Graduation rates for the past 3 years were:
Entry Level 5 year Weekday BS/MS in Occupational Therapy Program:
- Class of 2016 - 82% (total graduates =32)
- Class of 2017 - 90% (total graduates =44)
- Class of 2018 - 91% (total graduates =43)
Total Weekday Program Graduates 2016, 2017, 2018 = 119
Entry Level 3 year Weekend MS in Occupational Therapy Program:
- Class of 2016 - 100% (total graduates =17)
- Class of 2017 - 95% (total graduates = 19)
- Class of 2018 - 93% (total graduates = 13)
Total Weekend Program Graduates 2016, 2017, 2018 = 49
Grand Total 2016, 2017, 2018 Weekday and Weekend Program Graduates = 168
In the event of complaints concerning the Occupational Therapy Program, interested parties are encouraged to follow the procedure below:
1. Try to resolve the problem with those involved.
2. If the problem is not resolved, submit a written complaint to the Occupational Therapy Department Chair.
3. The Department Chair will look into the matter. This may involve questioning of students, staff and faculty involved.
4. The Department Chair will notify the O.T. faculty about the complaint and will consult with them in an effort to resolve the complaint.
5. All interested parties will be notified of the O.T. Departmental/faculty’s decision regarding the complaint. If appropriate the Dean of the College of Health Sciences and the Vice President of Academic Affairs will be notified.
6. Written documentation of the complaint and resolution will be maintained in the O.T. Department.