OT Career Exploration Camp for High School Students
OT Career Exploration Camp in June 2018!
OT Career Exploration Camp Dates:
June 28-30, 2020
The Occupational Therapy Department annually hosts a Career Exploration Camp for high school juniors and seniors to learn about the profession of occupational therapy. At this camp you will:
- Live in the residence halls for 2 nights
- Have the opportunity to meet students in the OT program, who will also serve as camp counselors during the day and overnight.
- Meet the OT faculty
- Explore the career of occupational therapy through a wide series of hands-on activities
- Receive a full tour of the Misericordia campus
- Eat meals in our cafeteria
- Visit multiple community sites to see occupational therapy clinicians in action. We have gone to sites as diverse as the Veterans Administration Hospital, Clarks Summit State Hospital, Allied Services in Scranton, the John Heinz Institute of Medicine Outpatient Rehabilitation, Milestones Achievement Center, and Moses Taylor Hospital.
This camp is extremely popular, fills quickly and has been at capacity for each of the past eight years. Typically we can accommodate between 25-30 high school students. Misericordia has been proud to host 167 students, from distances as far as Illinois, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Ohio and Idaho. The majority of our campers come from public and private high schools in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland. Students from our local high schools are most welcome to apply.