The Center for Nursing History

The Center for Nursing History

The Center was founded in 2005 at Misericordia University to collect, preserve and make accessible sources which document the history of nursing in Northeastern Pennsylvania.

Dedication of The Center for Nursing History at Misericordia University was conducted on June 5, 2005. The Center was opened on April 29, 2005 as the official site for the preservation of nursing history, memorabilia and treasures - past, present and future, at Misericordia University. The Center was made possible through a grant provided by the Pennsylvania Museum Commission in Harrisburg. It was founded by the two oldest nursing education programs in the area - The Wilkes-Barre General Hospital School of Nursing (1887-1974-Diploma of Nursing) and Misericordia University Nursing Department (1949-present, Bachelor of Science in Nursing).

A special blessing was offered by Sr. Ruth Neeley, MSN '96. On display were photographs, yearbooks and artifacts dating as far back as the late 1800's. Anyone interested in donating memorabilia to the Center can contact Maureen Cech, Misericordia University Archivist, at 570.674.6420.

Click Here to visit the Archives page.

Events and Endeavors

Opening of the Center for Nursing History - April 29,2005
Dedication of the Center on June 5, 2005


The Center for Nursing History of Northeastern Pennsylvania
Misericordia University
Mary Kintz Bevevino Library
301 Lake Street
Dallas, PA 18612

Director: Donna Ayers-Snelson, RN, MSN
Archivist: Maureen Cech, MA, MLS

powered by finalsite