Staff Employment Opportunities
Updated as of March 26, 2020
Misericordia University (MU) announces a search for its next Vice President for Mission Integration. The Vice President for Mission Integration will complement the President in promoting Misericordia’ s Catholic and Mercy identity in University culture, policies, programs, and practices. This position will assist the President by promoting and supporting the University’s planning process to ensure that they are consistent with the mission and core values of the University.
The Vice President of Mission Integration will report to the President and will exercise oversight of the Office of Campus Ministry, the Ruth Matthew Bourger Women with Children Program (WWC), Service Learning, and the University’s efforts in relation to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Misericordia University’s next Vice President will strengthen the identity of Misericordia as a Catholic institution sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and affiliated with the Conference for Mercy Higher Education (CMHE) through fostering relationships with the Sisters of Mercy and the Diocese of Scranton, Engaging the Misericordia community in on-going discussions and education about the mission, Catholic identity, and Mercy heritage, and mentoring mission leaders among the faculty, staff, and others associated with the university who have interest and potential of being Mercy Associates.
The Misericordia Search Committee will be accepting nominations and evaluating application materials through March 2020, and will begin to narrow the candidate pool at the end of April 2020. Although applications will be accepted until the time that a new vice president is selected, candidates should submit materials by Friday, April 3rd, 2020 for the most favorable consideration. The search committee is planning to appoint a new Vice President for Mission Integration by May of 2020.
Application Materials should be submitted via the application link below and include a letter of candidacy that responds to The Agenda for the New VP of Mission Integration, a complete CV or resume, and the names and contact information (phone and email) for three professional references, none of whom will be contacted until a later stage of the search or without the formal permission of the candidate. All inquiries and applications will be received and evaluated in full confidence.
Misericordia University is committed to student, faculty, and staff diversity and values the educational benefit this brings to campus. Candidates should indicate any experience and/or leadership that contribute to this goal.
The Nursing Compliance Coordinator is responsible for obtaining state nursing board program approval in relevant states and ensuring compliance with state board nursing regulations, and programmatic regulatory requirements. The Coordinator will serve as the first point of contact for interaction with state regulatory entities related to obtaining program approval and as a subject matter expert on selected, relevant state nursing regulations related to reciprocity and licensure.
- Under the direction of the Graduate Nursing Chair, participate in the development and attainment of nursing state board accreditation in relevant states. Analyze and interpret regulations, policy, and guidance related to licensure and certification requirements for ongoing organizational compliance, serve as subject matter expert for the graduate nursing department.
- Communicate progress with activities related to maintaining institutional and programmatic accreditations to the Graduate Nursing Chair. Provide information to nursing department regarding the impact of regulatory requirements on fiscal responsibility and maintenance of accreditation.
- Maintain programmatic compliance between didactic and clinical nursing faculty and student regulations for instruction.
- Develop and facilitate process to obtain and maintain state licensure for graduate nursing faculty in all relevant states. Execute the approval processes for programs, which includes, but is not limited to: researching, documenting, and updating programmatic approval requirements for assigned states to ensure organizational compliance.
- Research information regarding graduate nursing programs that may lead to licensure and certification and provide nursing leadership with information necessary for planning and enrollment purposes.
- Ensure and maintain accuracy on university and nursing websites regarding state accreditation and licensing regulations.
- Assist in didactic classroom placement and clinical site placement for students relevant to faculty licensure.
- Establish and maintain excellent communication and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes concerning regulatory compliance obligations. Respond to complaints/unusual problems and refer them to the Graduate Nursing Chair. Provide point-of-contact leadership and customer service to regulatory state agencies.
- Research, assemble, and interpret federal and state regulations, including but not limited to the regulations of state boards of nursing, state departments of education, and state authorization agency regulations under the supervision of the Graduate Nursing Chair.
- Prepare, analyze, audit, and submit data required to meet regulatory obligations related to program approval on an ongoing and routine basis under the direction of the Graduate Nursing Chair. Ensure that compliance requirements are communicated and implemented across the graduate nursing programs. Maintain record of relevant data related to the organization’s regulatory compliance (ex. communications, approvals, authorizations, special requirements, renewal dates, and regulatory changes).
A Master’s Degree and experience in regulatory compliance is required. Experience in Nursing or Health Care is preferred.
Misericordia University is seeking a Custodian. The primary purpose of this position is to perform custodial duties, minor maintenance and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure that buildings and facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe, and sanitary manner. The Custodian will assist with the setup of facilities, meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc. In addition, this position helps with snow removal on campus grounds. Flexibility to accommodate evening/weekend hours and/or on-call/overtime schedules is preferred.
Saturday (3:00 PM - 11:30 PM)
Sunday through Wednesday (5:00 PM - 1:30 AM)
A High School Diploma or GED is required. Three to six months related experience and/or training is necessary. Prior housekeeping experience preferred.
Misericordia University is committed to student, faculty and staff diversity and values the educational benefit this brings to campus. Candidates should indicate any experience and/or leadership that contribute to this goal.
Misericordia University is seeking a HVAC Mechanic. The position will provide the expertise and working knowledge required to operate and maintain the commercial campus HVAC systems to ensure a suitable living, learning, and working environment in all University facilities. Under direct supervision, this position will operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair the heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment necessary for each building’s operation.
The HVAC Mechanic will assist with water treatment of domestic, boiler, and closed loop systems when necessary and confer with customers as necessary in performing assigned responsibilities. This position will also help with snow removal on campus grounds to include shoveling snow from walks and driveways, using chemical ice melters, shovels, ice scrapers, etc., and spreading de-icing on passage ways to prevent ice buildup.
Flexible hours are necessary to accommodate needs, with on-call procedure, evenings, and weekends as needed.