Graduate Business Programs
Program Director: Corina Slaff, PhD
Goals and Objectives
The business department aims to prepare students for success in both their careers and life. This is accomplished through a holistic and integrated approach to learning which enable students to adapt to new and changing business paradigms. The department aims to develop students analytical, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to help them to integrate real-world based learning experiences with business concepts and practices. Importantly, the department emphasizes the development of a framework for ethical decision-making, and strives to give students the ability to recognize and understand awareness of social and ethical issues relevant to business. Consequently, students should develop the ability to recognize and understand the values of mercy, justice, and hospitality.
- Low tuition, only $720 per credit - Alumni discount available
- Designed specifically for adult learners and busy professionals – high level of customer service
- Classes offered in the evening and online
- Financial aid and Tuition Deferment plan available
- Small class sizes
- Complete the MBA or OM program in as little as 2 1/2 years or less, part time
- Start classes in Fall, Spring, or Summer
- Easy application process - NO letters of recommendation or GRE/GMAT required!
For information on our Graduate Business programs, please contact:
|Karen Cefalo, Assistant Director of Admissions, at 570-674-8094, toll free at 1-866-262-6363; or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.||OR||Corina N. Slaff, Ph.D., Director of Business Graduate Programs, at 570-674-8022 or by e-mail at email@example.com.|
Misericordia University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
· Master of Business Administration
· Master of Science in Organizational Management
· Bachelor of Science in Accounting
· Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
· Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management
· Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
· Bachelor of Science in Management
· Bachelor of Science in Marketing
· Bachelor of Science in Sport Management
Students may become eligible for financial aid in the form of loans by submitting the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
In order to be considered for financial assistance, a student must be enrolled for a minimum of six (6) credits per semester. Students with a bachelor's degree are not eligible for federal or state grant money. However, federal loan money is available.
A tuition reimbursement letter stating the terms of the benefit from the employer and a completed Tuition Reimbursement form must be on file prior to registration. This payment plan permits tuition and fees to be paid up to 30 days after the issuance of grades instead of at the time of registration. It is the responsibility of the student, not the employer, to ensure that payment is made. Students receiving only partial tuition benefits must make arrangements to pay the costs that are not covered by the employer at the time of registration.
Applicants are eligible for full admission to the graduate program if they either have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Applicants who have a GPA of less than 3.0 may be conditionally accepted into the program and restricted to taking a maximum of six (6) MBA/OM credits. Students accepted conditionally will be required to receive a grade of B or better in each one of the two courses and an overall GPA of minimum 3.0. At the completion of these first six credits their file will be reviewed and if all these conditions will not be met, they will not be able to continue in the program and will be dismissed. The decision for the conditional accept rests with the graduate admissions committee.