Mass Communications and Design
The Mass Communication and Design Program is unrivaled in the region with dozens of student media awards, including Pennsylvania News Media Association Keystone awards, as well as Videography and Communicator awards—a recent graduate even won an Emmy Award in Sports Broadcasting.
The program also offers a Specialization in Sport Communication for those interested in that growing area of the field.
This career-oriented program provides hand-on learning in all media fields, including:
- Graphic design
- Still photography
- Media writing across platforms
Students work with state-of-the-art equipment to provide work to real clients in the community, which is crucial for the professional portfolios students need for future job interviews. Mass Communications and Design graduates are not only getting noticed, they are getting jobs in their field.
Graduate Success Stories
- Running a successful nationwide business producing recruiting videos for elite high school athletes — story here
- Emmy-winning video work at MLB Network (major league baseball)
- Marketing research at Reed Smith LLP in Pittsburgh
- Marketing at Security Partners in Lancaster, PA
- Others are working in sports communications, sports journalism, public relations, graphic design, and advertising; and serving as news producers, directors and photographers — video and still
- One of our graduates worked on the major motion pictures "Creed" and "Bridge of Spies"
Visit us today — and learn to succeed.
Download our Fall 2018 newsletter for more student success stories.
Learn about our Scholarship for Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association Student Keystone Awards competition participants
Award-Winning Students & Faculty
"Deciding to attend Misericordia’s Mass Communications and Design program was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
What I love most about the program is that you become immediately involved in their extracurricular activities as a first-year student. My first year, I was a staff writer for the newspaper, a radio sports broadcaster, and I hosted a TV show!
My experiences in the program have landed me internships with ESPN Radio, the Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton Penguins, and the Philadelphia Phillies.
Now that I am a graduate, I will be returning to the Phillies as a freelancer, working alongside their TV broadcast crew. I am incredibly grateful for everything that this program has done for me, not only academically, but personally as well."
~ Sean Lynch ‘18
B.A. Mass Communications and Design
- Class rank in the top half of the high school graduating class and/or a cumulative 2.5 grade point average
- Minimum combined SAT score of 850 for Critical Reading and Math (combined) if taken prior to March 5, 2016, or 930 if taken after March 5, 2016. In lieu of the SAT, ACT results may be presented with a minimum required composite score of 18