The Misericordia University Writing Center supports students, staff, and faculty in all facets of the writing process by empowering writers in a friendly and supportive environment and by providing exceptional writing assistance and resources.
The Misericordia University Writing Center will become a model of excellence in writing assistance and a trusted, reliable campus resource.
To advance the Mission and Vision of the Misericordia University Writing Center by:
- Working in a partnership with the faculty and staff to identify and assist those students with the greatest writing needs.
- Assisting students in improving their writing capabilities for their academic classes.
- Offering help for students with writing projects not directly related to their academic classes, such as job letters and graduate school applications.
- Creating a sense of community and presence on campus.
- Using a holistic, student-centered approach.
- Maintaining a consistent training and development program.
When you stop by, don't forget:
- a copy of your assignment
- any notes or drafts you might have
- a writing instrument
- an open mind
You should expect:
- To talk as much as--if not more than--the writing consultant
- To write
- To spend between 15-30 minutes in conference